The holidays are a time for family, friends, and good food. But if you're living with diabetes, it can be hard to find recipes that fit into your diet. That's why we've put together this list of diabetes-friendly holiday recipes! These recipes are all delicious and nutritious, and they'll help you stay on track during the holiday season.
From traditional main dishes and side dishes to desserts and snacks, we've got something for everyone. So get cooking and enjoy!
1. Slow Cooker Turkey Breast - This moist and flavorful turkey breast is cooked low and slow in your crockpot, making it a great choice around the holidays. They're great as leftovers either on their own, or in a nice vegetable stew!
2. Halibut with Pesto Sauce - This light and flavorful fish dish is diabetes-friendly but still sure to be a hit at your holiday table! If you don't like Halibut feel free to swap it out with salmon or another lean fish.
3. Roasted Vegetable Lasagna - This delicious vegetarian lasagna is full of diabetes-friendly veggies like zucchini, squash, and spinach, making it a great choice for your diabetes-friendly holiday meal. Just make sure to use a keto-friendly pasta and you'll be set!
1. Roasted Brussels Sprouts - These diabetes-friendly Brussels sprouts are roasted to perfection and seasoned with herbs and spices, making them a delicious side dish for any meal. Add some balsamic vinegar for a little extra savory flavor.
2. Steamed Garlic and Butter Broccolini - This one is a tasty and filling side that goes perfectly with any main course. It takes very little prep, is easy to make, and is sure to leave you feeling satisfied!
1. Fruit Salad with Fruit Sorbet - There's nothing wrong with having some sweets around the holidays, as long as you're smart about what you choose. Fruit salad is a great option for many. Some fruits can cause blood sugar levels to rise, but overall fruit is generally considered fairly healthy and if it satisfies your sweet tooth, that's mission accomplished. Pair it was a sugar-free or no sugar added sorbet for a more "dessert-y" feel.
2. Coconut Macaroons - These diabetes-friendly coconut macaroons are sweet and chewy, making them the perfect diabetes-friendly holiday dessert.
3. Keto Chocolate Almond Cake - This diabetes-friendly cake is full of rich chocolate flavor and crunchy almonds, making it the perfect way to end your diabetes-friendly holiday meal!
With these diabetes-friendly holiday recipes, you can enjoy all the flavors of the season without having to worry about your diabetes. So get cooking and enjoy! Happy holidays!